Twin lodges, often called twin unit lodges are so called because they are made up of two units that can be detached into 2 equal width sections (divided longways) for transportation. Each section is usually 10 ft wide, although this can vary with some makes/models e.g., 8 ft or 11 ft sections.
Features of Twin Lodges
Twin unit lodges, although mobile structures, clearly have a size and internal space advantage over their smaller cousins, static caravans. New and used lodges for sale off site are, therefore, are able to offer many features in keeping with modern homes.
Examples of some of the features that many modern twin lodges have include:
- Upvc double glazed in windows and doors.
- A gas combi central heating system run from a combi boiler with radiators (just like a house).
- A steel pantile roof which is long lasting and stays looking tidy.
- Vaulted ceilings, giving a feeling of space.
- Large integrated fridge freezers, integrated dishwashers and microwaves.
- Lagged pipes and extra insulation that combine with the double glazing to keep the twin lodge warm in the colder months.
- Guttering and downpipes, just like home, that work with the pantile roofing to keep the lodge dry and damp free in the UK weather.
- Attractive and easy to clean protective cladding on the exterior, either upvc (in different shades) or wood cladding. Not only does this look good but it also helps to keep lodges warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- Feature patio doors to the front, letting in plenty of light, allowing views to be enjoyed, providing access to decking (if you choose to have some installed), and making the lodge feel more in touch with its surroundings.
- Utility areas e.g., containing a washing machine.
- Breakfast bars and modern kitchens with up-to-date appliances such as new ovens and grills.
- Dining table and chairs and comfortable sofa and armchair lounge seating.
- Ensuite shower rooms and large bathrooms, many with a bath (baths are rare in static caravans).
Twin Lodges Benefits
The main benefits of twin unit lodges are, therefore:
- All the home comforts plus a dash of luxury.
- A feeling of space, light, bright interiors, and a feeling of being connected to the outdoors.
- Everything you’d expect in a home is already included – plumbing, heating, electrics, fixtures and fittings, and furniture. It’s simply a case of transporting the two units to the required location, fitting them together to make one lodge and linking it up to a power and water supply.
Examples of Twin Unit Lodges For Sale Off Site
We stock a good selection of twin lodges for sale off site from leading lodge manufacturers in a variety of sizes, 2, 3, and 4-bedroom models. We like to offer the best possible choice and offer specialist advice to all our customers.
Examples of some of the twin unit lodges for sale off site at Lodgetastic recently include popular makes/models like:
- Wessex Colonial Twin Lodge 48x20ft | 2 Bedrooms.
- Victory Versailles Twin Lodge 40x16ft | 2 Bedrooms.
- Omar Kingfisher Twin Lodge 34x20ft | 2 Bedrooms.
- Willerby Cadence Twin Lodge 40×20 | 3 Bedrooms.
- Stately-Albion Heron Twin Lodge 31x20ft | 2 Bedrooms.
- Willerby Boston 40x20ft / 3 Bedrooms.
- Delta Swanley 40x20ft Twin Lodge – 3 Bedroom and 4 Bedroom models.
- Normandy Indigo Twin Lodge 45x22ft / 3 Bedrooms (large size lodge).